- 1993 - 1996 - The Megaputer "pre-historic" period. The Artificial
Intelligence research groups from the Moscow State University and Bauman Technical University
develop new ground-breaking techniques in machine learning. Megaputer Intelligence Ltd. is formed
in Moscow, Russia to commercialize these techniques and the first versions of the PolyAnalyst
software are developed.
- 1997 - Megaputer Intelligence Inc. is started in Bloomington, IN, in
a close association with the Indiana University. PolyAnalyst 3.5 for MS Windows NT is released.
Megaputer wins its first customer.
- 1998 - Two Fortune 100 companies purchase PolyAnalyst 3.5 to address challenges
in the analysis of their marketing and engineering data. Megaputer signs an agreement with Microsystems
Ltd., gaining exclusive distribution rights for TextAnalyst 1.5.
- 2000 - Megaputer opens its new headquarters in Bloomington, IN and expands its
Moscow R&D Center. PolyAnalyst version 4 is released. Megaputer Intelligence is recognized as one
of six Emerging Technology Companies of the year by Gartner Group.
- 2001 - PolyAnalyst is selected as one of Top 5 Picks software tool by the
editors of InfoWorld. Megaputer is serving five Fortune 100 companies.
- 2002 - TextAnalyst 2.1 is released and is selected as one of top 12 tools for
Competitive Intelligence by Fuld & Company. Megaputer wins its first US Federal Government
- 2003 - Prentice Hall incorporates PolyAnalyst 4.5 as the practical analytical
software tool in two best selling student textbooks: "Decision Support Systems in the 21st
Century" and "Data Warehousing, Mining, and Visualization". The textbooks are
adopted for graduate courses at almost 400 universities.
- 2004 - Megaputer partners with Thomson Healthcare to develop healthcare
fraud detection algorithms for healthcare insurance industry and acquires the rights for the
resulting analytical algorithms. A new collection of text analysis tools facilitates the
application of PolyAnalyst 4.6 in survey analysis and incident report analysis tasks. Federal
Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board license PolyAnalyst.
- 2005 - A family of dedicated algorithms for fraud detection in health insurance is
incorporated in PolyAnalyst as a new MediCop module. The first major healthcare insurance company
becomes a Megaputer customer. Megaputer opens a second R&D Center in Cheboxary, Russia.
- 2006 - Megaputer expands its headquarters in Bloomington, IN and opens sales
offices in Buffalo, NY and Washington, DC. PolyAnalyst version 5 is implemented in production
environment in a call center of a Fortune 100 company to perform real time categorization of telephone
call narratives. PolyAnalyst wins a predictive modeling competition for identifying insurance claims
errors set up by the Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) program of the US Department of Health
and Human Services.
- 2007 - A major breakthrough: PolyAnalyst version 6 is released. The highly
scalable and secure client/server system implements all features from the customers' wish list and
allows Megaputer to serve enterprise level projects. Megaputer wins contracts to supply text mining
systems to Patient Safety Centers of the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense.
A large medical system implements new PolyAnalyst dashboards as the main decision support tool for
the organization. Megaputer partners with Service+, a dominant Russian supplier of analytical software
for retailers, to jointly promote PolyAnalyst 6 in retail industry.